Why hire a landscape architect?
“When a few companies offered us quotes/designs with no up-front cost, we saw an opportunity for cost-savings but once we saw your designs, we were reminded that a design from a landscape architect like yourself is certainly worth the money!”
– Robin Tobin, Stapleton resident
Landscaping is one of your best home improvement investments.
- Landscaping can bring a recovery value of 100 to 200% at selling time. Source: Money Magazine
- Landscaping can add up to 15% to a home’s value. Source: The Gallup Organization
- Landscaping can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 50% by shading the windows and exterior walls of a home. Source: American Public Power Association
How do landscape architects differ from other landscape professions?
- Gardeners and landscape designers usually do not have the advanced degree that is requisite for landscape architects. Their activities focus primarily on fundamental garden design and maintenance and they are not trained to design structures.
- Horticulturists are trained in the science of plants but not design.
- Landscape contractors install paving, structures, lighting, irrigation, and other planting elements of designs conceived by Landscape Architects. They do not have design training.
- Landscape Architects are trained to design using not only plants but also hardscape elements such as patios, decks, walkways, retaining walls, planter bed/seat walls, and driveways. They look at function, scale, elevation and drainage issues from both an aesthetic and practical perspective.